September 15, 2012

Banana Split Brownie Pie


     This picture definitely cannot do justice for how delicious this pie really was.  I won't say it was the easiest thing to make, but it was definitely worth the work.  This was yet another thing I made while back at home visiting family.  I mean, I surely couldn't have made this here in Dallas or I would have eaten the entire thing myself!  We were headed to my brothers house for a cookout and to see baby Luke, so I thought it would be nice to bring something for dessert.  What I didn't know was that his wife was making these awesome "popsicles" from a cookbook my mom had just given each of us (see picture below)!  So between both of these and the huge burgers my brother made, I am pretty sure none of us went hungry!


Crust Ingredients
2 cups crushed waffle cones (about 12 cones)
6 tbsp. melted butter

Pie Ingredients
1 brownie mix
¼ cup oil
2 tbsp. water
1 egg

Cheesecake Ingredients
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. flour
1 egg
1 banana, smashed

Topping Ingredients
1 container strawberries, cut in half
¼ cup hot fudge

     Preheat the oven to 350°.  Crush the waffle cones.  I highly recommend using a food processor if you have one. Combine with melted butter and press into a pie pan.
   Mix together the brownie mix, oil, water, and egg.  Carefully spoon brownie mixture over crust.  Do not spread too much or it will mess up the crust.  Bake for 30 minutes.
     While the brownie is in the oven, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, flour, and egg.  Stir in the banana.  Spread on the baked brownie, again being careful not to push into the warm brownie.  Bake for another 20 minutes.  Let cool, then refrigerate.
     Just before serving, top with halved strawberries.  Microwave hot fudge until warm, then pour over strawberries.

Nutritional information per serving; 499 calories, 22 grams of fat, 73 carbohydrates, 6 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber. **Calculations are based on 1/3 fat cream cheese.**

No comments:

Post a Comment