March 16, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf


     This is another recipe that I found from What's Cookin, Chicago? via Pinterest.  When I came across it, I knew it might be a keeper.  Well it turns out I was right (aren't I always)!  I have made this meal about four times now and I think it is safe to say I will make it again before too long.  If you like sauce, it wouldn't hurt to add a bit more than the recipe calls for.  Enjoy!

1 lb. ground chicken
1 egg
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup (or more) spaghetti sauce
½ cup shredded Italian cheese

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Spray a small loaf pan with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the spaghetti sauce and Italian cheese.  Be careful not to handle the chicken more than is necessary, otherwise it will become tough.  Form into a loaf and place in loaf pan.  Top with spaghetti sauce.
     Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Italian cheese over top of the meatloaf.  Heat for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.  Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment