July 24, 2012

Succulent Steak Marinade


     A few weeks ago I got a few packages of petite sirloin steaks for an awesome deal...buy one, get two free! Now you can't really beat that! The first package my husband got a hold of and thought he needed to marinate so we could eat it before it went bad. I had just bought it that day, so it was unlikely that it was going bad, but I appreciated the effort until I realized he marinated it in the barbecue sauce (what?!) that I was going to use to make pulled pork that evening (well not anymore!). The barbecue marinade was a bit different and he admitted he wasn't thinking and just grabbed a bottle of the first thing he saw, but the steaks themselves were still pretty good. So I was excited to marinate the second package in something a bit more fitting for a steak. I used this marinade and let it sit on the steaks for about 8 hours and then the hubby did his part by grilling them for me! We both agreed they were some of the better steaks we had made, due to both the marinade and his expertise grilling skills! Haha! Ok, but seriously they are much better than mine! Now I just need to decide what I will be doing with that third package of steaks, but for now they are in the freezer!

1/3 cup soy sauce
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1½ tbsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. dried basil
1½ tbsp. dried parsley
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. ground pepper

     Mix together all ingredients.  Place steaks in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade over steaks.  Make sure steaks are covered well and place in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.  Flip the bag over at least once during the marinating.  Cook steaks on grill until desired color.

No comments:

Post a Comment