April 29, 2012

No Peek Chicken & Rice

     I found this recipe from the blog Thrifty Decorating a few weeks back.  I pinned it on pinterest and knew I would be coming back for it on a day that I was too busy to cook.  Last night was the perfect time for this meal, since we are in the midst of moving and most all of my kitchen is packed in boxes!  It sounded delicious, but I would be lying if I said I didn't doubt it just a bit while I was making it last night.  Actually, I may have told my husband once or twice that I hoped he wanted Pizza Hut for dinner!  (This was mostly just to prepare myself in case it didn't turn out!)  I really wanted to look at it and see how it was coming along, after all 2½ hours without checking on it was making me nervous.  I resisted the temptation to "peek" and when I took the first bite I was surprised.  It was good, like really good!  The chicken was so moist and the rice tasted great too.  This one is definitely a keeper!

1 box Uncle Ben's original recipe long grain wild rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1-2 cans of water (I used 2 soup cans full of water, but next time will use 1-1½ cans)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

     Preheat the oven to 350°.  In a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, mix together the rice, seasoning packet from the rice, soups, and water.  Place raw chicken breasts (not frozen) into the baking dish.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2½ hours.  Do not "peek" at chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment