December 28, 2011

Baked Chicken

     I hate the taste (and look) of boiled chicken!  When a recipe calls for cooked chicken, I had fallen into the habit of boiling the chicken, mostly because I didn't know what else to do with it!  A few days ago I came across Our Best Bites blog, which encouraged me to try something else.  While grocery shopping, I bought a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that were marked down for quick sale (gotta love a good bargain!).
     The first thing I did was rinse off the chicken and cut off all the extra fat and gunk!  Then I blotted the chicken dry with a paper towel.  I covered a pan with aluminum foil and placed the chicken on the foil.  I rubbed some olive oil onto each breast and then sprinkled with some Paula Deen poultry seasoning.  Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 160°).  Voila!
     After the chicken cooled, I cut it into small cubes and placed in freezer bags.  I can't wait for the next time I want to make something that calls for cooked chicken!  No boiled chicken, no expensive rotisserie chicken, and no prep work (now I just need to remember to take it out of the freezer to thaw!).

No comments:

Post a Comment