January 21, 2012

Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms

     I found this recipe from Kayln's Kitchen, a pretty awesome healthy food blog!  I am really bad at making side dishes to go along with my main dish.  However, these looked so good when I was planning my weekly meals that I actually wanted to make this recipe and then just ended up throwing some barbecue chicken on the plate with it!  This is so simple and really delicious.

½ lb. of green beans
4 oz. mushrooms (I like baby bella crimini)
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese

     First wash the mushrooms and green beans.  Remove the stems of the mushrooms by carefully twisting and pulling the stem out.  Slice into 1/2 inch pieces (I sliced mine thinner and they were cooked long before the green beans).  Make sure and dry the mushrooms well, either with a paper towel or a salad spinner.  Next trim the ends of the green beans and then cut then in half.  Place the beans and mushrooms in a gallon size Ziploc bag.
     In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together.  Pour over the green beans and mushrooms into the bag.  Toss gently until everything is well covered with the mixture.  Dump onto a baking sheet and spread into a thin layer so that the green beans cook evenly.  Place in the oven at 450º for 20-30 minutes, or until green beans are crisp.  Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  (And being the forgetful person I am, I forgot to sprinkle with parmesan cheese, as you can see in the picture below!  They were still delicious, so I am sure the parmesan cheese will only make them better next time!)
Makes about 2-3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment