January 21, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

     My Great Aunt Fern's barbecued chicken is my favorite, so I am not sure what made me stray from that and decide to make this.  I think it had something to do with this being so simple that I was even able to ask my husband to throw it in the crockpot for me while I was at work!  Now I will say this was still very good, but nothing can compare to Aunt Fern's recipe!  I will make sure and post her recipe next time I make it!
     
4 chicken breasts (I put them in frozen)
14 oz. Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
¼ cup of vinegar
¼ cup of brown sugar
½ tsp. garlic powder

     Place the frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot.  Mix all other ingredients together then pour over the chicken.  Cook for 4 hours on low.  Just before it is time to eat, remove the breasts from the crockpot and place on a baking sheet.  Rub some of the extra barbecue sauce from the crockpot over top of each breast.  Place under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes.  Flip each breast, rub with sauce, and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. 
     I recommend serving with Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms, as shown below.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment