February 9, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Soft Tacos


     I remember the first time my mom made these and I thought they were going to be disgusting!  I was not a fan of tomatoes, no matter which way you sliced 'em!  So when I saw her dump a whole can of Rotel in the crockpot, I was no longer hungry!  But my mom made me try one, and I was shocked how amazing they were.  Ever since moving away to Texas, this has been my go to meal.  It was one of the only dinners that I actually knew how to make...well maybe!  I'm pretty sure even with the simplicity of this recipe that it required two or three phone calls to my mom!  (How many cans of this?  How many cans of that?  Are you sure I can put frozen chicken in the crockpot?!) Oh and it is another one of those meals that makes excellent, easy to pack leftovers for work the next day.  I even eat it without the tortillas!

3 frozen chicken breasts
1 can of Rotel tomatoes 
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can of corn, drained
tortillas (I use fajita size)
sour cream
shredded cheese

     Place frozen chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.  In a small bowl, mix together the rotel and taco seasoning.  Pour mixture over the chicken.  Rinse and drain the black beans, then add to the crockpot.  Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.  About an hour before eating, drain the can of corn and add to the crockpot.  Use a metal serving spoon to break apart or "shred" chicken breasts.  To serve, place the chicken mixture on a tortilla.  Top with cheese and sour cream.  Makes about 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment