February 10, 2012

Cornmeal Muffins


     The Jiffy mix sitting in my pantry just didn't look appetizing enough, so I opted for the "from scratch" cornbread muffin recipe that my mom had given me.  Across the top, she had written "GREAT!!" real big.  She was correct about that, but I was also surprised at how simple it was to make these.  I don't think I will be making that box of Jiffy anytime soon.

1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup cream style corn
½ cup mayonnaise (I used fat free miracle whip)
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg

     Preheat oven to 400°.  In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center and add all remaining ingredients.  Stir just until mixed.  Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment