January 29, 2012

PB & Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

     My sister had found this recipe on pinterest (where else?) and recommended I try it.  The original recipe comes from Annie's Eats, but my genius sister told me that she added bananas to it.  After just making appleanna bread, I had a few extra ripe bananas so I decided to make these this morning.  My husband was eating the batter (raw eggs and all) before I could even get them in the muffin pan.  Suffice it to say the recipe is a keeper.

2¼ cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2/3 cup of brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
½ cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
¾ cup chocolate chips

     Preheat the oven to 375°.  Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.  In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.  In a separate mixing bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter, eggs, and milk.  Gradually add in the dry mixture, mixing until smooth.  Add the bananas.  With a spoon, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
     Spoon batter into the muffin tips, making sure to fill each cup to the very top.  This is important because it will ensure the tops of the muffins are dome like.  (Note: Even filling to the very top, I had a bit too much batter, so if you have an extra muffin pan you may want to line a few extra cups.  Or just let your husband eat the remaining batter raw!)  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.  Makes about 15 muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment