January 24, 2012

Make Ahead Smoothies

     I have become accustomed to eating breakfast in the car on the way to work in the morning.  Even cereal! I eat it out of a plastic cup at the stoplights!! Anything that is quick and portable is a good breakfast for the weekdays!  So when I saw The Tidy Nest's blog about make ahead smoothies I was interested!

vanilla yogurt
fresh or frozen strawberries (or any fruit - I want to try kiwis and bananas too!)
¾ cup milk
honey

     Spoon the vanilla yogurt into an ice cube tray.  Place in the freezer for a few hours until solid.  
     Place 2 yogurt cubes and about 4 strawberries in each plastic sandwich bag.  Place all of the sandwich bags into a gallon size freezer bag.
     When you are ready to make a smoothie, simply remove one sandwich bag from the freezer and dump into a blender (I used the magic bullet single cup blender).  Add the milk and a spoonful of honey and mix until smooth.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment