January 24, 2012

Grape Dessert Salad

     One of my best friends since middle school gave me this recipe at my wedding shower.  Grapes were only 88¢ per pound the other day at my favorite grocery store, Sprouts!  When I saw the ad I decided I would make this great sounding recipe!  I made it today before heading to my dentist appointment and was so bummed I had to wait an hour after getting home to eat any food or drinks.  Finally, I got to sample a bowl (and then another!).  It was delicious and so easy to make!  Thanks Rhonda!

8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ lbs. green seedless grapes
1 ½ lbs. red seedless grapes
1 cup pecans, chopped
½ cup brown sugar

Mix together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.  Gently stir the grapes into the cream cheese mixture until coated.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment