February 23, 2012

Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

     This was one of the first recipes I found on pinterest.  It is from C + C Marriage Factory blog.  I attempted to make this recipe once before...last week.  That night we ate tacos instead.  Why?  Well I was rushing to leave for work on time that morning and had thrown everything in the crockpot.  I knew I couldn't start cooking it at 6:30 AM so I asked my husband to turn on the crockpot for me around 11 AM.  You might be thinking this disaster was all his fault, but he actually did his part and turned it on.  But I had forgotten to put the water in the crockpot, so when I got home we had an overly cooked and dry chunk of pork tenderloin.  We gave a little bit to the dog and the rest to the trash can! At least on my second attempt at making this meal, I was successful.  My husband and I were both a huge fan of the glaze, which I may try with chicken next time.  As a side dish, I paired this with roasted root vegetables, which complemented this pork perfectly.

1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
1 tsp. ground sage
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup water

Glaze Ingredients:
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp. cornstarch
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tbsp. soy sauce

     Combine the sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Rub over the pork.  Place in the slow cooker with the water and allow to cook on low for 6-8 hours.  About 1 hour before the roast is done, make the glaze. Combine all the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.  Brush the glaze on the roast three times during the last hour of cooking.  Just before serving, heat the remaining glaze up again and serve over the pork.   Makes about 3-4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment